Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Book update

I did a bit of a search for my book

Working with suicidal individuals

in libraries.

With mother. Young psychotherapist
Myself as a young psychotherapist with my mother at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco

And found the following:

James Cook Uni (Aust)
Dublin Institute of Technology
University of Cambridge (UK)
Library of congress (Aust)
Oxford University library (UK)
Trinity College Dublin
British Library
Bromley Library service (UK)
University of Missouri-Columbia

I have looked long and hard for a way of doing a search of libraries world wide and as far as I can tell it does not exist. This surprised me a bit as I thought libraries would have moved with the times and established a world wide search system of some kind. But it seems they don’t. The only searches I have been able to do are sort of small random ones which show up on the internet.

Unless there is some smart person out there who knows of a way to do such a thing?

Ring necks
Do they have a copy in their local library?

It’s kind of a funny feeling seeing my book in the Dublin Institute of Technology library. My book is over there in Ireland on some book shelf. Kind of I wonder who decided to do that and why? It’s like they should be telling me or something.

Graffiti

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried searching world cat? http://www.worldcat.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Major,
    I will have a go today

    Tony

    ReplyDelete